Contract: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday between 11.30am - 01:30pm, 44 weeks (term time only)
Salary: £3,684.89 (FTE £16,113.00) - LW19
Closing date: 28th February 2020
Are you looking for a part-time role to keep you occupied?
Do you have good communication skills?
Would you be able to manage student behaviour to keep them in line with the Academy behaviour policies?
TD Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
We are looking to appoint a Midday Assistant to join the established and friendly team working across Thomas Deacon Academy Juniors. The role involves supervising students during the lunch time period in the refectory and Academy open spaces. The successful candidate will be expected to manage student behaviour in line with Academy policies. The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt to different environments.
• Be able to work in a team as well as independently.
• Be able to manage student behavior in line with Academy policies.
• Have a firm but calm approach towards students.
• Have previous experience of supervising children.
• Be able to adapt to the school environment, whether working in primary or secondary.
What we can offer you:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.